Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Slice of Life Tuesday

Click here to learn more about Slice of Life Stories
I was the only one in the whole house who had to get up and come to work yesterday morning.  This does not happen very often.  Really, it happens almost never. My husband rubbed it in pretty well.  ( I never gloat when I get to stay home and he has to work. However, twenty years of trudging off to work when I am snuggled down on winter, summer, and fall breaks has made him a bit bitter, apparently.)  I wasn't in the best spirits when I hit the sack on Sunday night.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up on Monday morning was a sticky note attached to a book on the bathroom counter.  After fumbling for my glasses, I read the note:  Surprise!  I found a pun in my "Pearls Before Swine" book.  Hope you like it.  Have a great day.  It was from my daughter, Emily.  Her brother, Matt, is a huge Pearls Before Swine fan, and she has recently caught on as well.  He has read me some funny ones over the years, but my absolute favorite are the puns.  I can't help it-- the word nerd in me just lives for that kind of stuff.  Here is a picture of the comic Emily had bookmarked for me:
from When Pigs Fly: A Pearls Before Swine Collection by Stephen Pastis
Can you blame me for laughing by myself, in my dark house, even before I had any coffe??!! :)  What a sweet way to wake up.  Here's to more laughter in 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! :) I'm glad you shared with us. :) How very cool that your daughter left you a note.

    Thanks for writing today,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those puns too, & one of my colleagues is known for his extraordinary creations. I'll have to share with him. What a thoughtful gift from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete