Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Java Joy

SOLS Challenge Day8
It is 5:04 in the afternoon.  It is chilly, very rainy, and our obligations out of the house are not quite completed.  A cup of coffee would taste so good right now. 

I have not always been a coffee drinker.  The smell seemed pleasing enough, but I was  left with a bitter taste in my mouth, literally, each time I tried it.  But then, about 10 years ago, I discovered flavored creamers.  My life was permanently altered when I found out how good the bitter brown go-juice tasted with a splash of sweet, milky goodness. 

It is a little easier to get up in the morning when I know that a fresh cup of coffee awaits.  It's a nice pick-me-up on chilly afternoons or with a piece of pie for dessert.  It doesn't have to be anything fancy.  No café au lait or lattes for me.  Plain old java brings me joy.

For now, though, I have to run back out the door.  No time for coffee.  No worries, though.  The wait will make tomorrow morning that much sweeter.

1 comment:

  1. I was just like you! I hated coffee, but the Starbucks Mocha became my gateway java. But one of those every morning was going to bankrupt me! I bit the bullet and tried my boyfriend's coffee with some flavored creamers and my mornings have forever changed! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete