Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Woo Your Reluctant Writers

I'm always on the look out for ways to get reluctant writers to look at writing in a different way. I'm really interested in digital storytelling, through PhotoStory or Windows Moviemaker. I have recently stumbled upon another way to tell a story digitally. It's called Voicethread. What is a voicethread, you ask? VoiceThreads might best be described as interactive media albums. They are essentially online slide shows of images, documents, or videos that enable viewers to comment on any slide (or at any point in the video) by typing, recording an audio or video comment, or drawing on the image itself. Your students are going to eat this up with a spoon! The possibilities are endless! I am going to create a voicethread myself, as soon as I get a couple of minutes-- that's all it takes, apparently!