Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Slice of Life Tuesday

My husband had a late meeting at church tonight, so the kids and I were on our own for dinner. When this happens, it's our tradition to have breakfast for dinner. (I love it as much or more than the kids!)
Before we ate--waffles were on the menu tonight-- we played "Wii Fit". If you haven't played Wii, yet, I highly recommend trying it. It is good, wholesome fun for the entire family. Our game of choice right now is Wii Fit. It is especially good for letting off a little steam and shaking off a less-than-stellar mood. You can't help but laugh when you "hula hoop" or "head" soccer balls while cleats and flying panda heads.
It's evenings like these, when we miraculously have no extracurricular activities, that make me the happiest. It almost feels like a gift because it seems to happen so rarely. I know these moments will be fewer and farther between as the kids get older, so I am going to savor them while I can. Waffles and Wii: a pretty good combination.