Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Traffic Two-Step


SOLS Challenge Day 14
There is joy everywhere you look.  You just have to be observant.  I have found that I am much more observant these days, as I search throughout my day for something about which to "slice." I found a bit of joy early today, so I count myself lucky. 

I pass a school on the way to work each morning.  Traffic is heavy, so they employ a traffic director each morning to make sure things run smoothly and that folks dropping off their children can get out of school and make it to work on time.  I have often thought about how dangerous her job is.  All it takes is one person looking down at the radio or answering a cell phone call... I usually try to give her a friendly wave and smile when I ride by, in thanks for what she does.

This morning, she brought joy to my day because she was dancing. Dancing!  It was not an obvious thing.  She wasn't doing the Dougie, Electric Slide, or the long-lingering Cabbage Patch. It was more subtle.  She was moving to a happy song in her head while she did her job.  That made me smile.

2 comments:

  1. Dancing through the time on the job, what a great way to spend your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you not only noticed this but were able to appreciate it within the context of her job. I like your description "she was moving to a happy song in her head."

    ReplyDelete