Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Happiness Project

I am a happy person.  I have a loving family.  I have a job that fulfills me.  Food on the table, shelter over my head.  Life is good, right?  I asked myself that today only because the theme of happiness kept bubbling up.

On my way home from school, I caught a bit of an Oprah rebroadcast on Sirius Radio.  Goldie Hawn was visiting the studio. Did you know she has a foundation dedicated to the happiness and academic success for children?

When I stopped by Kroger later on in the day, a book caught my eye in the checkout line.  (Yes-- this Kroger had replaced some of the trash-tastic magazines with books!)  It was called The Happiness Project.  I was drawn to the title and the colorful cover.  I tried to get a gander, but the cute little cashier was too speedy for me. 

I didn't buy the book, but I did come home and look it up.  I found the author's blog and have to say that I am intrigued.  According to the blog, The Happiness Project is the memoir of the year Gretchen Rubin  spent test-driving the wisdom of the ages, current scientific studies, and lessons from popular culture about how to be happier. Her blog is very engaging and has lots on which to ruminate.

I will probably buy the book the next time I am in Kroger.  Just the thought of that makes me a bit happier. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for telling us. It does look intriguing to read.

    ReplyDelete