Monday, November 9, 2009

Time Flies

I feel like I've dropped off the face of this blog spot. Every day I find myself thinking about how fast things are going by. How could it be time for Thanksgiving already? Christmas? Every next moment seems to be spoken for and I have completely forgotten about my commitment to try to write frequently. Writing seems to me to be a slow thoughtful process. It has gotten lost in my high-speed dash to keep up with everything.

As I think about how time flies, the idea of slowing down to write something feels soothing. To write well, you need to put on blinders to many other things for a few minutes and simply focus. Kind of like a warm bath--Calgon take me away! Just close the bathroom door for a few minutes and sink into a warm tub. The world will still be waiting for me when I drain the tub.

Writing can be a way to put things aside for a few minutes, put a few thoughts in order, and open a window to let some fresh air into my brain.

1 comment:

  1. Open that window and let the fresh air in! I have to remind myself to do the same thing much more often. I always feel so much better when I do!

    ReplyDelete