Monday, October 26, 2009

Today I...

I have been experiencing severe braincramping lately when I sit down to write. I begin pieces, but never have time to finish them. I have an idea, but don't write it down, and thus can't remember it by the time I get a chance to sit down to think about it. I read an accomplished author's brilliance and then feel inadequate to even attempt to write.


Real life seems to get in the way of real writing, but the kicker is that we write best what we know best, and that is our life! So, to try to give myself a proverbial writing jumpstart, I am going to make a list. Lists are quick. They get right down to the heart of things. They allow one a nice feeling of accomplishment. Here goes...


Today I....

... woke my kids up with songs from their Ipods.
... shared 5:00 (a.m.!) coffee with my husband instead of working out.
... enjoyed watching these second grade students rap about commas.
... had good conversations with some fabulous teachers.
... savored a piece of fresh banana bread. (Banana bread always reminds me of my mom.)
... snuck in a quick trip to Wal-Mart for Halloween supplies.
... watched my girl participate in a hard-core soccer practice-- getting ready for championships!
... baked chocolate chip cookies.
... ate aforementioned cookies while watching a bit of Monday Night Football.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment