Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to School

Who says kids are the only ones who get excited and nervous about going back to school! I'll have you know that I woke up promptly at 2:00 a.m. last night and my mind began going over all the things I wanted to remember to do today--after all, it is Meet the Teacher day and I'm the teacher. There were so many things I thought of in the middle of the night and they always seem like such great ideas. But, of course, I finally fell back asleep by 4:00 a.m. and when my alarm went off two hours later, some of those great ideas had drifted from my mind.

My room is ready and I am waiting for my new students to find their way to our homeroom. I have twenty new faces and personalities to learn and care for; twenty different talents and abilities to get to know. What an adventure! What a challenge! But someone is opening my door so I've got to go.