Saturday, August 1, 2009

15 Minute Challenge

As I was tooling around the internet this morning, waiting for the coffee to brew, I came across this online journal entry. In it, author Laurie Halse Anderson challenges us to write for 15 minutes a day for the month of August.

I have always thought of the beginning of school as a New (School) Year celebration, full of hope and new goals. Whether I write them down or say them aloud to anyone else, I usually have some resolutions in mind. Organization and creativity are always high on the list.

This year, writing is on my New (School) Year's resolution list. I want to continue to grow my habit of writing and to get better at it in the process. From everything I have read, writing has a fabulous side-effect. It makes one a better teacher of writing! Sound familiar?

So, for the month of August, I will try to write for 15 minutes a day. I will try to hold myself accountable by writing here, where someone may actually read it.

Happy New (School) Year! What's on your resolution list?