Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hidden Fortunes

My Keri Smith books came in on Tuesday. I have been waiting for the perfect time to open the Amazon box and dig in. I pictured a serene moment, one in which I could take my time and savor the moment when I open the books for the first time. It's Thursday night, 10:22, and I've come to the realization that that moment is not happening for me any time soon. I couldn't think of anything to write tonight, so I desperately clawed open the box and hoped for some inspiration. The smaller of the two books, The Guerilla Art Kit, was on top. I opened to a random page in the middle of the spiral bound book-- page 61 to be exact. Here is what I read:

Hidden Fortunes
materials: 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet of paper
pen
scissors

1. Cut the paper into little slips approximately 1 by 3 inches.

2. Write a fortune or affirmation on each of the slips. Some ideas include, "You look really good today," "Someone is thinking of you," and "You are a star."

3. Fold these fortunes and drop them randomly wherever you go (post office, work, in stores, in books, planters). Feel good knowing that someone will find them in the near future.

I think I'm going to like this book.